What information do we collect?
We are in the business of providing you with useful content in a way that respects your right to privacy. We do not know your name, address, email, your place of work, your date of birth, your phone number, or other personal information, and we do not collect this information unless you choose to provide it to us.
Through the Services, we collect non-personal information that does not reveal your specific identity. LiveIntent may also receive non-personal information from online and offline sources, including the types described below, from our business partners. Collecting certain types of non-personal information allows us to work with our business partners to send you interest-based advertisements and to measure the success of these advertisements. The types of non-personal information we may collect in order to provide our Services include:
- User Identifiers: We may collect identifiers that are used by our advertising partners to identify a specific individual, but LiveIntent does not see any personal information connected with these identifiers. To de-identify this information, either we or our business partners perform a mathematical process (commonly known as hashing) to convert the information into a code. We do not retain any personal information connected with the code.
- Analytics and Usage Information: We may collect information related to your use of email sent by one of our advertising partners, such as whether the email has been opened, or a link has been clicked in the email. We also collect information about activity on our partners’ websites, such as the time users spend on their website, from which other websites users came, and what other websites users visit.
- Demographic and Profile Information: We may collect demographic and other profile information such as annual income, buying preferences, and age.
- Health Information: We may collect data about users’ interest in receiving information about general health conditions or products such as those related to headaches, allergies, or diet and fitness.
- Location Information: We may collect and process information about your general location. The information we collect may tell us which zip code you are in, but it does not tell us your precise location.
- Device Information: We may collect information related to devices used to access our advertising partners’ emails and websites, such as the device type, operating system, version, and IP address. We may also collect technical identifiers such as a mobile advertising ID (Apple IDFA or Google AAID).
Information collected from our business partners continues to be governed by any applicable privacy policies of our business partners. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
We may use these technologies to identify your computer or device (which can help us or our service providers recognize you when you return), store information about your preferences (e.g., preferred language), log your interactions (e.g., the types of messages you prefer to receive), and present you with more relevant interest-based advertisements. We retain this information in a form that can identify your computer or device for up to 24 months.
How do we use the information we collect?
We may use the information we collect to:
- enable our advertising partners to deliver personalized messages that match your interests, including interest-based advertisements;
- prepare for traffic load demands and to efficiently distribute email publications;
- understand the interests of our advertising partners’ users;
- customize user experiences when they use our advertising partners’ services;
- generate and analyze statistics about the performance of advertising campaigns, and to improve performance over time; and
We may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through our Services for any of these purposes.
How do we share information we collect?
We may share information we collect in connection with the provision of our Services for purposes that include but are not limited to the following:
- to enable our advertising partners to deliver personalized messages that match your interests, including interest-based advertisements;
- with our business partners for the purposes described in this Policy;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
- with affiliates, service providers, advisors, and other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
What choices do you have about information collected on our Website?
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information we collect. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
Modifications to this policy
We may update this Policy from time to time by posting an updated Policy on this page, and/or by providing any other notice or mechanism as may be appropriate.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our use of your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome your questions and feedback.
Thank you, LiveIntent.
This Policy was last updated on January 12, 2017